11. Don’t use URL Shorteners to Share Links
Proper URLs get 3x higher engagement than their shortened counterparts.
12. Different Audiences Engage at Different Times
Experiment to find the optimum time for your audience. Post at different times to engage different fans. There is a 20% higher engagement rate outside of business hours. Some days are also better than others to post. Travel and hospitality works well towards the end of the week, and engagement rates on Thursdays and Fridays are 18% higher than other days of the week. The less people want to be at work, the more they are on Facebook.
13. Ask Questions
Questions should be placed at the end of a post for a 15% higher engagement rate.3
14. Fans Follow Instructions Well
Use action-oriented words to achieve your objectives:
- Liking a post requires the least amount of effort
- Ask for one word comments
- To get likes us: like, take, submit, watch, post, check
- To get comments use: post, comment, tell us, share, check, like, submit
15. Own your personality
This is probably one of the biggest factors in creating a community that lasts and continually generates positive feedback. The community manager should naturally represent the brand, if your destination was a single person who would it be, that person should be in charge of your online community.
What are your Facebook best practices?